I’ve been doing this for over three years now, but I really feel the past 12 months or so, have been super exciting for Fancy Pants! I reckon I’ve found my niche when it comes to makeup and face painting: Making a group of lovely ladies look fabulous.
In my eyes, nothing beats putting a smile on someones face – and I can work my Fancy Pants makeup magic to my hearts content.
Based on last weekends antics, here’s some Top Tips for organising a Fabulous Hen Weekend (Credit to Sarah Jones, Nicola Wiggins and Lucy Clarke the party organisers! And credit to Andrea Callan for the amazing photos as usual!) In fact, if you want a fabulous party organising, get in touch with me and I’ll link you up with the girls, they’re amazing, really!
1) My number one tip has to be SECRECY! Keeping the hen in suspense will only add to the excitement of the weekend – and not just for the hen, but for all involved! Consider keeping the hen blindfolded on arrival for extra excitement and suspense! The location of the Hen Weekend was a huge house in Pwhelli, North Wales – the perfect setting for a weekend of Hen Party madness!
2) The Bubbly stuff! A kitty is a perfect way to ensure everyone is kept fed and watered all weekend. Order in a Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys delivery ready for when the gaggle arrive. Every party needs champagne on tap!
3) Put together a FAT photo album full of all your favourite photos of you lovely ladies to present to to the hen – proper tear jerker!
4) The Mr and Mrs game – Pre-film some questions and answers with the groom-to-be and play at the Hen Weekend. If the hen gets a question right, she nominates a girlie to do a shot, but if she gets it wrong, it’s her turn to down it!
5) Hen Weekend Essential: A hot tub! Music + Bubbly + a Hot Tub = Heaven! It’s the perfect way to nurse the hangover away the following morning. I seriously recommend spending a little bit extra to ensure there’s a hot tub on location.
6) Every Hen Party needs a FABULOUS theme. Burlesque, glam, and seriously sexy was the theme of the weekends antics – and those ladies worked it BIG TIME! The theme of the evening was kept under wraps by the girls! The big reveal was announced to the hen on the Saturday. Now this is how to look seriously fabulous:
7) Fireworks – the ultimate way to set off the evening with a massive bang. Definitely worth investing in some good ‘uns.
8) A personalised onesy for the hen! A super comforting way to aid the recovery process. No matter how much you may try to resist the onesy trend – give in, they’re super comfortable!
9) Get your heads together and get all your favourite tracks on a playlist, and what a great keep-sake for all the guests if you burn this to a CD.
10) A finally, where I come in… the perfect ingredient to any party – makeup, glitter, face paint, sequins – hire your very own makeup artist for the weekend, i.e. moi! I can make my own way there, you’ll have makeup on tap, and I can disappear when done or party the night away with you.
I couldn’t love my job any more. I get to hang out in amazing places, with super amazing ladies – you guys ROCK. Email me for details firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my facebook page